Sunday, October 31, 2010

Celebrate!

Good afternoon, everyone!  Happy Halloween!  I hope everyone will have a fantastic day and a scary night!  Be safe and eat lots of candy for me!

It's time for another challenge at Doodle Dragon Studios Challenge Blog.  This challenge couldn't be any easier...ANYTHING GOES!  All you have to do to qualify is use any DDS image!  Easy peasy, mac n cheesy!

I used one of the cute cupcakes from the Bake Sale Release.  This had Maddison behind it and I just chopped her off...how rude of me!  Her little hand was peeking just over the edge so I added a pink gem with a bit of green wire for a cherry to cover it up.  Unfortunately it's terribly difficult to see the stem.  The background is a Diet Coke can, believe it or not.  :O)  I cut it out, cleaned and dried it, ran it through my cuttlebug, inked it up with Staz-on and sanded it down.  Pretty nifty, eh?  I'm happy with it!  :O)



Be sure to check out the rest of the DT members today to see what they have in store for you!  Hop over to the DDS Challenge Blog to play along...it's open through November 13th!  :O)

10 comments from friends:

Tammy said...

Card is cute! Terrific background, glad you pointed out that it was a can.

Marianne said...

What a great background! Life in a tin can LOL (You probably don't know what I'm talking about.... It's a very old titel of a Bee Gees record) I didn't know you could make cards with a can, but I'm loving it. Have a good Halloween!!!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

That is FREAKIN awesome!! I will have to try that!!!! OMG!

Anonymous said...

What a really SWEET creation!! Love the shimmer and cool image!! :) TFS!

Jeni said...

What a fabulous Halloweeny cup cake! Love this funky card Lelia! ~jeni :)

Ms. Jen said...

I just recently got a bunch of his images and I love them. Especially cause they are great for little boy cards! You did a great job on this and I love the coke can idea. Well done sweetie.

Marlene said...

Freaking cute!

Rleen said...

Hi Lelia, thank you so much for the sweet comments you left in my blog. I truly appreciated.
WOW! Your card is gorgeous as always.I really love the embossed background!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Rleen

Unknown said...

Love this one and the colors are awesome!!!

Hugs~
Ramona

Trina said...

Way too awesome! I was reading this from my phone the other day and was amazed at how cool that can came out...