Friday, October 22, 2010

Simply Betty is Simply Awesome!

Good afternoon all!  I just spent the morning standing in line to get my driver's license renewed.  How much fun is THAT?  None, I tell ya!  But now I don't have to deal with it for another 6 years.  :O)

I have only recently found Simply Betty Stamps...they are so cute and definitely different.  Especially the new Punky Teens Christmas line.  I used Jimmi for today's card along with Mercy's current sketch.  I hope you likey!  Take a spin over to SBS and grab some funky stamps for yourself!  :O)

So, I'm having some issues with a few of the darker colors of my Copics.  The olive greens I used for Jimmi's coat above are the latest to do this.  It's almost as if the ink is oily.  I can't blend it, it just gets pushed around.  It's shiny too...hence the strange angle of the photo of my card above.  It's VERY frustrating!  My  friend said that I may need to refill them (even if they don't need it).  Unfortunately I don't have any of these refills.  GRRRRRRRRRR!!!  She said she's never had anything of the sort happen to her...have YOU ever heard of it?

13 comments from friends:

JLJ Designs said...

I haven't had your Copic problem, but I love your card. The image is great! I also recently discovered SBS and really love them.

Jennifer

Tammy said...

Oh how fun! I love funky, off the wall images. Great card, perfect for a kid. Can't say that I have had that problem with copics but I do have several colors that just do not seem to want to blend. I'll pay more attention next time and see if I get the feeling of oily.

Anita said...

Fabulous card Lelia, even in spite of the Copic probs! So perfect for a teen boy! :)

Trina said...

I have one like that. I tried to fix a streak and it just ruined the whole thing. I bought a refill the other day even though it shouldn't need it yet. Might need a replacement nib too...

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Fun card and image! I am too new to copics, but maybe the tip touched something it should not have???

martina's kaartjes said...

What a cool boys card !!! great ! your coloring is superb !
greetings, martina
x

Maya said...

Ohhh this is cool!
So wonderful colors and details!!
Hugs from Maya

Anonymous said...

LOL!! LOVE that image!! Reminds me of the boys at my house!! :) Your coloring is sooo awesome!! Well done!

Amy Johnson said...

No, I've never heard of that Copic problem before. Are you sure its not your paper?

Great card! What a fun image! The artist certainly knows what teenagers are like!

Jeni said...

Super funky and cool! Bautiful coloring Lelia ~jeni :)

Angela said...

Oh Lelia you did an awesome job on this!! I am guessing I got you hooked on these images??? That's okay as you have got me hooked on images too!! I really love what you have done with Jimmi!!
I also have the same problem with soem of my darker colors too. But I do you alot of ink and pile on the color and blend like crazy. I thought maybe it was just me using too much ink.
Hugs:)
Angela

Jen Shults said...

Wow! Lelia!!! Your coloring on this is just perfect. I really really love this. FABULOUS job!

Marlene said...

Sure. Blame the marker! Ha ha ha! Seriously, I have not encountered that problem yet...so don't jinx me!

This card is great....I've seen this image around, and it's a real HOOT. It really should be on my list!