Friday, November 12, 2010

Simply Betty Challenges #6...

Good morning, crafty bleeps!  Happy Friday!  Woohoo!  TGIF!  Yepper, Friday is here, so that means another challenge over at the Simply Betty Challenges blog!  This week's challenge is to make Thanksgiving place cards.

I made mine using one of the new Steampunk Gang digis called Gwendolyn.  Be sure to head over to the Simply Betty Stamps Shop and pick up some fun and quirky stamps for yourself!  :O)  I made the tag by printing her out at 50% opacity with the name plopped on top (at 100%) with a drop shadow.  I was going to leave it uncolored so the name on the place card really showed up, but that didn't suit me.  I didn't attack it with the same amount of color I usually do, but it's better with the color...believe me!  I sponged a bit of ink around the edges, matted it, punched the whole and tied it to the super cute pumpkin.  I got the directions for the pumpkin on The Pink Elephant.  I sure hope you like it!   {Sorry for the terrible photos!  I could not for the life of me get a decent picture, but I got lots of crappy ones!}





Be sure to check out the amazing talent of the other members on the DT!  Their links are on my sidebar or you can see them all over at the SBC blog!  Have a great day!

13 comments from friends:

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness its fabulous!!!! I would hate to part with this cute pumpkins.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

just gorgeous leila!!! LOVE the pumpkins!!! and your coloring is divine!!

hugs!
Meredith

Ted said...

What a beautiful pumpkin, Lelia! So realistic. :)

Jeni said...

Supa Cute Lelia!!! Thanks for the heads up on the tutorial. ~jeni :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Lelia!! This is soooo adorable!! I love it!! :) I've got to try making one of these pumpkins before it's too late!! Gorgeous tag with the image and coloring too!! TFS! Have a great weekend friend!HUGS

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

what a cute little pumpkin, nicely done

Catherine said...

This is one of the best looking placecards I've ever seen, Leila! I love the way you colored it, and the texture and 3D pumpkin are amazing! Gorgeous job!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty Lelia!! I love your textured pumpkin and the soft coloring of your image!! Have a great weekend my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Marlene said...

Aren't you just a craftastic little thing, you?!

Tracy S said...

LOL your sense of humor cracks me up.. I LOL'd @ " alot of crappy ones"

This is awesome.. I love the softness of the image and that pumpkin totally kicks butt!!

Eulanda said...

WOW!! I mean WOW! I LOVE your pumpkin and that colored image is a great addition to your place card. Did I say WOW?!

~Lady B~ said...

This is simply incredible! Your coloring is awesome, I love the name placement on the tag, and that pumpkin just freakin' rocks! Great job!!!

Angela said...

Leila, this is gorgeous!! I am lovin' these new Steampunk images!! So adult looking. I love that you colored her lightly and as if she is in the background so the name stands out!! I hope you are doing well? I am home today as I have a sick liitle boy so it's off to the Dr. today.
Hugs:)
Angela