Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Heartfelt Sympathy

Good morning, early birds!  Happy Hump Day!  It's time for another Showcase Showdown at The Digi Shack.

I needed a sympathy card for a friend who just lost her brother...she lives overseas, so I needed it to be relatively flat.  I used one of the pretty labels... they are actually a plain white background and come in a set of 6 with different sentiments.

I played with mine in Photoshop a little.  After I added the background I couldn't find the paper I thought I had to match it, so I quickly ran over and made some up.  :O)  All done with the boo boos?  Nope!  I was coloring in between the 2 black lines (with black) and the dog barked and tried to scare the bejeezus right outta me.  Well, you know what happened.  Outside the line I went...or inside.  I was NOT a happy camper!  I brought it over to my trusty CB and used the label die in the same shape and CAREFULLY gave it a bit of a black edge.  OOPS!  It still looks good though.  I'm rather happy with it anyway.  I used Photoshop, nesties, CB, American Crafts ribbon, button and card stock from stash, Fiskars border punch.  I also followed the sketch at Taylored Expressions.  :O)



Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT member's blogs to see what they've created for you!  Links are on my sidebar!  :O)

8 comments from friends:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

very pretty & I don't even see the boo boo where the dog scared ya

Tammy said...

Beautiful card for such a sad occasion. What boo-boo? Can't find it.

Marlene said...

Such a pretty card! Your friend will appreciate it.

I didn't see any stinkin' boo boo, either. You're trying to con us.

Tracy S said...

It looks fantastic! Love gray and yellow together

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

thanks for the suggestion on my card, I was thinking about that and using perfect pearls pearl color so it would be very subtle, but don't ya think that would be to girly?

Ms. Jen said...

Well it turned out beautiful for all your boo boo's. I love those colors together too. Who woulda thought they'd look so good.

Anonymous said...

Lelia, this looks so so gorgeous girl!! I love the subtle image on the label!! So elegant!! HUGS

Laurie Unger said...

Great sympathy card - like the ribbon treatment with the button! wink!