Friday, November 19, 2010

It's a Simply Betty Kind of Day...

Good morning, all my crafty cupcakes!  TGIF!  Woohoo!  Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week?  Already?  Wow...I am not EVEN close to being ready for it, but I can't wait!  :O)


So today is a Simply Betty kind of day.  That's right...a new challenge starts TODAY!  Our last one wasn't a huge hit for some reason, but we're hoping to reel you all in with this one!  Use any rubber stamp with your SBS digital image!  I have to say that for some reason this was HARD...seriously hard!  I'm totally embarrassed to say that this card took me all day.  I have no idea what the problem was.  Definitely didn't flow, that's for sure!  I even used a sketch (and for some reson I have no idea where I got it from either!)...some days, I swear!  It did take a while to get Becky (from the Punky Teens Christmas line) printed to the right size.  I used the little tree stump rubber stamp from CC Designs.  Becky's hoodie is paper pieced, as well as part of her hat.  This image makes me laugh.  Put some chocolate in place of the candy candy and this is totally me!  Hiding out wherever I can.  My original idea was to use a sentiment that said something like "Take  time for yourself this holiday season," but I couldn't get it to fit and look good.  I added some Liquid Applique with glitter for the snow and a small pom pom for the ball on her hat.After about six hours (no, I'm not kidding) I was totally done dealing with it!  I hope you like it better than I do!  :O)




Don't forget to check out the awesomeness that is the Simply Betty Design Team!  They never disappoint!  :O)  Links for them are also on my sidebar!

P.S.  If you know what blog this lovely sketch came from, please let me know! 

9 comments from friends:

Andrea C said...

fantastic card, love the snow, it looks brill x

Tammy said...

Your six-hour effort was totally worth it. Cute image, snow is perfect touch.

~Lady B~ said...

I never seem to get my cards the way I want them. The coloring flows, but I get stuck on the assembly part. Perhaps I should find some good sketch sites. Send me a few links if you can.

I love the way your card turned out. The paper piecing is awesome, your take on the sketch if fantastic, and the snow is absolutely brilliant! I'd say this card is a winner. Great job!

-lady b

Jeni said...

Super cute Lelia! Love the Pom-pom on her hat. ~jeni :)

Anita said...

Well, your day of hard work paid off lady! This card is adorable! I especially love the snow! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! This is just gorgeous!! I love that image and your coloring girl!! The ball on her hat is so cute!! ;) HUGS

Ms. Jen said...

Super cute. I love that image and your snow looks great. You rock!

Hugs - Jen

Marlene said...

It looks totally adorable - and I LOVE your liquid applique snow!

Angela said...

Oh this is so cute!! I love that you put her on a tree stump!! Great coloring too.
Hugs:)
Angela