Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm Going Batty!

Good morning, bleeps!  It's true...I AM going batty!  I am totally swamped with DT stuff, football games and now my dear son getting in trouble at school!  UGH!  Dare I say I am the mother of a teenager...now I know it to be true!  He talking to one of his friends during his Mass Media class yesterday - during a test - and he got a ZERO!  This is after last week's lunch incident where he got a detention.  I had to ground him and I feel bad about it, but he has to learn some way, right?  He never gets in trouble either, so this has been something else I never had to deal with.  GRRRRR!  Teenagers!

So today it's time for another Showcase Showdown at The Digi Shack.  Toni has been totally swamped too, so you should be getting last week's AND this week's showdown on the blog today!  Double the fun!  Woot!  Today I used the cutest bat image from Brian Lock (Brian also plays with clay...check out my blog candy post HERE to see one of his adorable clay figures...it could be yours).  I used some DP from My Mind's Eye, nesties, Copics, card stock from stash, CTMH black ink, Inkadinkado spider images, ribbon from Wal-Mart.

Here is a shot with the card closed.
And one opened...
And a closeup of the googly-eyed bat suspended in front of the hole.

Check out what the rest of the team has done for you today...links are on my sidebar!

16 comments from friends:

Marlene said...

Your card is too stinkin' cute...and the opening is ingenious!

Sorry about your son....hopefully the grounding sets him back on track....but truthfully....he sounds like such a good kid, I'm sure it was an isolated incident. ;)

Linda said...

What a gorgeous card
hugs linda

Anita said...

Aaaaah, She is so cute!!! Gr. Anita

Anita said...

Aaaaah, She is so cute!!! Gr. Anita

Marley said...

Sorry to hear about your son.. I'm sure he will learn from it!

Your card is soooo beautiful! love that bat! He's really looking great and I love the hole in the card; great idea!!

Hugs xx Marley

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lelia

Oh gosh I really sympathize. I have a 6 year old who sulks like a teenager already!!!! You must keep enforcing those boundaries though - cruel to be kind and all that.
Lovely card - I have the spider stamp!! and what a fab bat.
Take care

Hugs Ali x

Tammy said...

I love this card! Fabulous way to present the little cutie.

Unknown said...

How cute!! The bat is too adorable. Love the window idea also. Fabulous card!

Me said...

What a cutie,love the image,beautiful made.

Grtzz Marjon

Me said...

What a cutie,love the image,beautiful made.

Grtzz Marjon

Anita said...

Here's a hug for ya darlin'! I love, love, love the way you created such a fabulous focal point on this card! :)

Ms. Jen said...

Awww, this is too darn cute!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! This is just too precious!! I love it!!! :)

Jeni said...

Teenagers!! I think they walk around with half a brain. lol
Love the see-thru card. Very clever. ~jeni :)

Anonymous said...

This is tooo gorgeous. Love that bat. fantastic!
Gardenia

Laurie Unger said...

Love how you cut around him! Totally rockin card!