Monday, August 16, 2010

Christmas Card Front Swap...

Good morning fellow crafters!  I wanted to pop on and show you a card I have been working on.  I joined in a card front swap on one of my groups after being bribed and flattered.  LOL!  I told her that flattery would get her EVERYwhere!  I signed up for 5 spots, which need to make 5 card fronts each.  Today I'm sharing the Christmas category.  I used a stamp from Inkadinkado and heat embossed it twice.  I wanted the little snowflakes in the letters to remain white.  Then I sponged Brick Red and Crushed Olive distress inks over the entire front.  I added some snowflake images stamped in gray and a mist of Smooch Spritz, some brads, matted it all up and there you go!  I hope the recipients like it...it's not my usual style, but I like the look of it!

This first picture here is where I stopped the first time, but I thought it was a bit boring...that's when I added the snowflakes and Smooch...TAKE 1:

FINAL:

4 comments from friends:

Unknown said...

I love this card!! The colors are perfect....and the snowflakes added are just the right touch!! Great
work!!!

Hugs~
Ramona

Jeni said...

Oooooh, I love the added snowflakes. Great idea ~jeni :)

Jodi said...

Beautiful card Lelia! The colors are so vibrant!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is such a creative Xmas card!