Saturday, September 11, 2010

I'm Unscripted! & Remember...


 Good morning everyone!  I hope your weekend has started out well...mine has been okay.  LOL!  I woke up to the dog pouncing on me with her sharp little toenails and plopping down right next to my head...effectively smothering me with all that hair (it doesn't matter that she weighs less than 5 pounds)!  I'm up!  Then I see how my dear son "rinsed" the bowls from chili last night.  Ewwwww!  First thing this morning, even before my first drink of Diet Coke, I was scrubbing down the kitchen and doing the dishes, etc.  Joy!  I finished that up and brought a candle down here with me...it's a candle type of day what with the dreary day.  I went to light it and obviously didn't have the lighter positioned correctly and I burned the crap out of my thumb...NO, I didn't get the candle lit either!  Heh!  On to better news...

I was chosen to be a part of the Unscripted Sketches Design Team!  
 You know I love me a sketch, so this is totally exciting for me!  Every Saturday we have a new sketch for you to try out...use it and link up your creation so we can see it!  Today is Sketch #72...I made a layout of my above mentioned son.  This was his first day back to school.  I used a new digi collection from Summertime Designs called Dryer Lint at Tiffany's...funny story, that name!  I love her kits!
I managed to get the HUGE team all linked up on my sidebar, so please visit them and see what fabulousness they have in store for you!

On another note, I'd like to take a moment to remind everyone to fly their American flags today.  Do it for all the innocent people who died that infamous Tuesday and the following days.  For the servicemen and women who did all they could to help.  Show the world that WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

I still remember where I was and what I was doing when I found out what was happening...it gives me goosebumps to even think of it.  Do you remember what you were doing when the news came in?  Did you spend hours glued to the TV watching the destruction like I did?  One of my good friends, Cathy, lives in New York and I didn't know if she was okay...lord knows you couldn't get through on the phone.  She turned out to be safe and sound, but her cousin, Terry Farrell, died that day. 
 He was brave and always did what was right...even if that meant putting himself in harm's way.  Terry was a decorated member of the FDNY and chief of the volunteer Fire Dept in Dix Hills.  In memory of Terry and he other 342 of his brothers who died the Terry Farrell Firefighters Fund was established.  Stop by and read about it...give a little something if you have it to give.

6 comments from friends:

Unknown said...

Love your layout! What a handsome son you have. So glad to be working with you on the US design team!
Hugs!
Steph

Angy said...

Lelia, great to be on the team with you. I am so excited that I was asked to joing US. Looking forward to getting to know you. Love your layout btw. Great papers and a great photo.

Marcy said...

Lelia, Great layout! Welcome to US. I am looking forward to "playing" with you. Hugs from your DT sister,
Marcy

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Love this layout. Nice to be on board with you talented ladies.

dstandard said...

Love what you did with the sketch at US _ so glad to have you join us! your blog is beautiful!

Anita said...

OUCH! Hope your thumb feels better soon. :( Your layout is awesome...just like you! :) Hugs ~Anita