Wednesday, August 25, 2010

In My Garden

Good morning again, crafty friends!  Sorry for the lateness of my post.  It's time for Wild Flower Wednesday Challenge #29 at the Wild Flower Patch!  This week's challenge was issued by our lovely DT coordinator, Donna Wardle.  BLACK & WHITE!  A tough one, I think, but everyone really pulled out all the stops for it!  I'm so impressed by my fellow design team sistahs!!!

I used the flower image that was a freebie over on WFP Paper Craft Planet Group.  These were photo that I just took a couple of weeks ago out in my garden.  While I was out weeding, pruning and watering I had several visitors!  I saw a giant walking stick, a praying mantis and there was the most beautiful butterfly out there that looked solid black until he moved his wings...then they turned a deep shade of blue.  By the time I ran in for my camera the praying mantis was the only one I could still find to photograph.


You will definitely want to check out what the other design team members did for this challenge!  Check out their links on my sidebar!

4 comments from friends:

Amy Johnson said...

wow! This is so creative! I never would have thought of doing a garden page in black and white! It really works!

Jen Shults said...

This is SO cool. I love that you did all of this digitally. If it's possible digital scrapbooking takes me about twice as long as regular does, lol. I'm so envious of your coloring and layout skills. Fantastic job!

Jeni said...

Beautiful layout! I love gray scale colors ~jeni :)

Anita said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Love the LO Lelia! :)