Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back from CHA and NEW Challenge at WWI!

Good afternoon, everyone!  I'm back from the windy city no worse for the wear.  I had a great time hanging with my buddy, Anita.  I got some fabulous products at the CHA Super Show and I can't wait to play with all my new goodies!  I made my first ever purchases from Taylored Expressions (she is really a doll!), Crafter's Companion (I love the team they brought to the show!) and Papertrey Ink.  So many goodies, so little time!

On to my challenge entry for Wink Wink Ink's August Challenge over at our CDAC Group.  This month's challenge is to use METALLIC.  I used Little Green Man from Wink Wink Ink.  Yes, he's silver.  He was colored with a silver paint pen and I added CTMH Liquid Glass to his eyes.  I figured since he's supposed to be green and now isn't, he must have eaten some bad alien food and poisoned himself.  Poor guy!  I used a tag that I made at the craft show using Tim Holtz products.  There is a slight gold sparkle to the tag that was made by misting distress ink mixed with Perfect Pearls.  Cool, eh?  I also added some brads and a clip. 

Come on over and join us in our August Challenge!  Deadline is August 30th!  :O)

4 comments from friends:

Marlene said...

Very funky, girlfriend!

Anita said...

Out of this world! :) Love it Lelia!

Ginger Claire said...

Hey Lelia - it was fabulous to meet you. I can't wait to see what you do with little Popcorn xxx

Melanie Nichols said...

Ooooooh, I love it! I bet it's even cooler in person cuz I know how hard it is to get metallics to show up well in a photo! Right up my alley though! LOL